Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tanner's first day of kindergarten

Tanner started kindergarten yesterday. I thought that he would be a little sad to leave me. When we got to the school and the teacher came out to get the kids, he just ran to her. I said to him, dont I get a hug? and then he came back to me and gave me a hug. He said his favorite part was recess when he got to eat his snack I sent him. He said there was a spider in the classroom and the teacher got him. I asked him what he learned and he said, to be quiet on the rug in the classroom. I told him not to talk to the teacher unless he was called on, and he said I cant talk to her? I started laughing and I told him that he could he just had to be called on if she was the only one speaking. On the way to school, he said mom this is so exciting. He is getting so big. He rode the bus on the way home. At first he got on the wrong bus, but then he finally made it home. I am so proud of him.

5 comments:

Bryce and Adrian Hummel Family said...

I can't believe how fast Tan is growing up. I am so glad he liked school! Last night we stopped by mom and dad's house and saw Tan and Addie. I picked Tan up to give him a hug and asked him how old he would be when I couldn't pick him up anymore. He said "5." So, on Saturday he will be too big for me to pick him up. He is so funny!

Abes and Stace said...

How exciting! I can't believe Dom will be 2 years behind him in school.
I love giant backpack! :)

Amber Burt said...

It sounds like Tanner loved his first day of school-so crazy that our boys are in Kindergarten!!! I can't believe he rides the bus, that is so cute.

Karmann said...

What a big boy!! He is in kindergarten!! I remember when we just moved to Vegas and he was just getting a hang of talking!! Wow!! It makes me sad to be so far away now and not be there to enjoy him!! Big birthday in a few days!! Cant beleive it!

Kim said...

hey, i found your blog thru stacey's, hope you don't mind. your kids are too cute! glad you're in scrapbook club now, it's so much fun! see you soon!